Zirakpur Master Plan 2031 has been created for Zirakpur. Zirakpur is one of the six local planning areas under Greater Mohali region. The region has been envisioned to develop a planned area for 4.5 million people. The local planning areas in the region are:
- Central SAS Nagar
Zirakpur is a satellite town of Chandigarh located in the Derabassi Tehsil of Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar district in the state of Punjab. It is situated on the foothills of Shivalik hills in eastern most part of Punjab. Zirakpur town is only 12 Km distant from the State Capital and Union territory, Chandigarh. The LPA of Zirakpur covered an area of 38.29 square kilometers. Zirakpur is connected with NH 21, NH 22 and NH 64 with the other part of the region.
Zirakpur Master Plan 2031 LPA
The master plan 2008-2031 for Zirakpur Local Planning area was prepared by Jurong Consultant Pvt. Ltd for Punjab Urban Planning and Development authority. The Zirakpur Master Plan 2031 has the influence of Regional Plan 2008-2058 prepared for Greater Mohali Region prepared by the same consultant. The Government of Punjab has initiated preparation of the revised plan for Zirakpur and NF Infratech Service Pvt. Ltd. consultant has been entrusted with the responsibility to prepare the revised integrated master plan for zirakpur local planning area.
As per master plan 2008-2031, Zirakpur was envisioned and flourished not only as a premier business hub but also a distinctive and sustainable playground for the Greater Mohali Area. The existing rivers and their surrounding waterfronts were to be enhanced so as to become the prime physical assets for the proposed Zirakpur regional centre. Zirakpur being the regional centre offers a new lifestyle for the 21st century. It was planned with new ideas to,
- Protect unique environmental, historical and cultural resources;
- Capitalize on the regional assets and resources to promote dynamic and sustainable economic development;
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources environmental, economic and social.
- Ensure a conducive environment to work.
- Introduce a total business environment.
Vision Zirakpur Master Plan 2031
The Vision of the revised Zirakpur Master Plan 2031 will be:
- Introducing strategic economic growth initiative in a sustainable manner.
- Promoting a comprehensive planned township that will enhance quality living, ensuring accessibility and managing overall growth.
Development Goals of Zirakpur Master Plan 2031
The key development goals for the preparation of revised integrated Zirakpur Master Plan 2031 will be such that it would be:
- Socially beneficially
- Regionally connected
- Environmentally sustainable
- Financially Viable
- Institutionally Executable and;
- Politically acceptable
Broad Steps in Existing Zirakpur Master Plan
- To generate high service facilities attracting various developmental activities, investment and industrial houses.
- To Improve transport network for faster communication and linkages to hinterland and other growth centres.
- To provide decent housing for all sections of the society.
- To have pollution free zones with conservation of environmental resources.
- To manage natural and human resources
- To frame effective land policies and development proposals for eradicating bottle necks for future development.
- To provide high level of physical and social infrastructure
- To reenergize institutional and administrative system to manage future urban development.