About VGTMUDA Tenali (Tenali Urban Development Authority)
VGTMUDA Tenali (Tenali Urban Development Authority) is an urban planning agency. VGTM is the abbreviation of Vijayawada–Guntur–Tenali–Mangalagiri. It was formed in the year 1978. VGTMUDA has its jurisdiction over an area of 1,954 km2 (754 sq mi). In the year 2012, it was expanded to 7,063 km2 (2,727 sq mi). Vijayawada, Guntur are the two municipal corporations and Tenali, Mangalagiri are the two municipalities. These four municipalities are under the jurisdiction of VGTMUDA. It was dissolved in the year 2014 to form a new authority in the name of APCRDA.
Tenali is the third largest urban cluster in the VGTMUDA region after Vijayawada and Guntur City. It is one of the important commercial and transport centres of the region. Tenali municipality is special grade municipality; spread over an area of 15.11 square kilometers. Tenali is divisional head quarter’s mandal and revenue division. The Mandal was formed on 25th may 1985 with an area of 131.82 square kilometers. There are 13 revenue villages and 18 gram Panchayats and one municipality (Tenali, Pinapadu and Chinaravuru) in Tenali mandal. Tenali is given the status of “Special Grade Municipality” in 1965 and comprises of 36 Election wards.
Objectives of VGTMUDA Tenali (Tenali Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, VGTMUDA Tenali operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.
Contact Details & More Information for VGTMUDA Tenali (Tenali Urban Development Authority)
Vijayawada –Guntur- Tenali- Mangalagiri Urban Development Authority
Address: Lenin center, Governorpeta, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh-520002.
Phone No: 0866-2571271/272/274, 0866-2577745
Fax No: 0866-2577357
Email Address: email@example.com