About SSDA Sriniketan Santiniketan (Sriniketan Santiniketan Development Authority)
SSDA Sriniketan Santiniketan (Sriniketan Santiniketan Development Authority) was established in the year 1989. Srineketan Santiniketan Planning Area was notified under provisions of West Bengal Town & Country (Planning & Development) Act 1979, vide Gazette notification no. 4069-T&CP/IS-25/87 dated 27th December, 1997, is estimated to be about 108.08 sq.km comprising 44 mouzas (in full) under Bolpur Police Station, Birbhum District, West Bengal.
The SSPA is delineated under the provision of the said Act of 1979. The authority has the rural and urban areas under its jurisdiction with a total planning area of 106.281 square kilometers. The Bolpur Municipality is under the jurisdiction of SSDA. The Authority has taken up various development works in its planning area.
Objectives of SSDA Sriniketan Santiniketan (Sriniketan Santiniketan Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, SSDA Sriniketan Santiniketan operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.