About SGPDA (South Goa Planning & Development Authority)
SGPDA South Goa (South Goa Planning & Development Authority) is the nodal agency responsible for development of South Goa region. Goa, a tiny emerald land on the west coast of India, the 25th state of the Union states of India, was liberated from Portuguese rule in 1961. It was a part of Union Territory of Goa, Daman & Diu till 30th May 1987 when it was carved out of form a separate state.
Goa covers an area of 3702 square kilometers and comprises two Revenue district viz. North Goa and South Goa. Boundaries of Goa State are defined in the North Terekhol River which separates it from Maharashtra, in the East and South by Karnataka State and West by Arabian Sea. Goa lies in Western Coast of India and is 594 Kms (by road) away from Mumbai city.
Objectives of SGPDA South Goa (South Goa Planning & Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, SGPDA South Goa operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.
Contact Details & More Information for SGPDA South Goa (South Goa Planning & Development Authority)
South Goa Planning & Development Authority
Address: 4th Floor B Wing, Osia Commercial Arcade, Margao, Near Sgpda Market Complex, Margao, Pajifond, Goa-403601.
Phone No: 91-832-2714495
Fax No: 91-832-2731781
Email Address: email@example.com