About SDA Srinagar (Srinagar Development Authority)
SDA Srinagar (Srinagar Development Authority) was constituted under section 3 of Jammu and Kashmir Development Act, 1970, (enforced in the whole of the State w.e.f. 31st October 1970 by Notification S.R.O 518 dated 31-10-1970), the Local Area delineated vide SRO 43 dated 2nd February 1971 for the purpose of this Act formed the area of jurisdiction of the Authority. The first Master Plan of said the Local area was approved by Government and notified vide S.R.O 754 dated 22nd November 1976.
The second Master Plan (2000 – 2021) has been presently under operation and implementation which stands approved by Govt. vide Cabinet Decision No. 11/1 dated 16-01-2003 and notified vide SRO-28 dated 30th and notified vide SRO-28 dated 30th January 2003.
Objectives of SDA Srinagar (Srinagar Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Srinagar Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, SDA Srinagar operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.