Saharanpur Master Plan 2021 has been created for Saharanpur District. Saharanpur is a city and a Municipal Corporation in the state of Uttar Pradesh in northern India. It is the administrative headquarters of Saharanpur District and the Saharanpur Division. Saharanpur district attained the status as Saharanpur division in 1997 of Uttar Pradesh.The north and the northeast of the district is surrounded by Shiwalik hills and separates it from the Dehradun district in the recently created state of Uttaranchal. The river Yamuna forms its boundary in the west which separates it from Karnal and Yamunanagar districts of Haryana. In the East lies the district of Haridwar which was the part of district Saharanpur before 1989 and in the south lies the district Muzafarnagar. It is about 550 km from the capital city Lucknow, It is 164 km from National Capital of India Delhi whereas It is 70 km away from the Capital of Uttarakhand, Dehradun.
At the time of the British Rule District Muzafarnagar was also a part of district Saharanpur. The district is in a rectangular shape and it lies between 29 degrees 34 minutes 45 seconds and 30 degrees 21 minutes 30 seconds north latitude and 77 degrees 9 minutes and 78 degrees 14 minutes 45 seconds east longitude. Saharanpur is located atIts total area is 3860 square Kilometers. Saharanpur is primarily an agricultural district. According to Indian Census 2011, Saharanpur had a population of 705,478, out of which males were 371,740 and females were 333,738.
Vision of Saharanpur Master Plan 2021
- Promoting and Developing local art and Skill by engaging citizens in smart development enabled by the use of technology in city governance and management targeting attainment of Quality of Life.
- Engaging citizens as co-partners for achieving goals of Smart City Development by focusing on promoting local skill and art in the attainment of quality of life.
- Developing Saharanpur, in its containments and attainments, as Smart City with the use of technology and by engaging the stakeholders and private sector for achieving the quality of life.
Objectives of Saharanpur Master Plan 2021
- To evaluate the execution of earlier Master plan, achievements and its validity in current context.
- To set up suitable rules and regulations for efficient and organized development of the city.
- To Ensure effective transport system for easy flow of traffic and transportation.
- To make suitable provision and ensure balanced distribution of the Facilities/services to public.
- To define rules for conservation/maintenance of Historical Buildings and place.
- To maintain a healthy physical environment in the city.