About PUDA Punjab (Punjab Urban Planning and Development Authority)
PUDA Punjab (Punjab Urban Planning and Development Authority) is Punjab’s elite institution for the development of balanced urban growth. It was established in July 1995. During 2006-07, six regional development authorities have been established for planning & development of areas in their respective jurisdiction. PUDA authority working as an umbrella over these regional development authority, prepares long term strategic plans, as well as detailed local-area plans, for physical development, and then coordinates and guides efforts to bring these plans to reality.
Objectives of PUDA Punjab (Punjab Urban Planning and Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, PUDA Punjab operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.