Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Benefits, Eligibility Criteria & PMUY Application Form Download
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) aims to safeguard the health of women and children by providing them with a clean cooking fuel – LPG, so that they don’t have to compromise their health in smoky kitchens or wander in unsafe areas collecting firewood.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister on May 1st, 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh. Under this scheme, 5 Cr LPG connections will be provided to BPL families with a support of Rs.1600 per connection in the next 3 years.While ensuring women’s empowerment, especially in rural India, the connections will be issued in the name of women of the households.While Rs. 8000 Cr. has been allocated towards the implementation of the scheme. Identification of the BPL families will be done through Socio Economic Caste Census Data.
Hence, launch of this scheme will also provide a great boost to the ‘Make in India’ campaign as all the manufacturers of cylinders, gas stoves, regulators, and gas hose are domestic.
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Empowering women and protecting their health.
- Reducing the serious health hazards associated with cooking based on fossil fuel.
- Reducing the number of deaths in India due to unclean cooking fuel
- Preventing young children from significant number of acute respiratory illnesses caused due to indoor air pollution by burning the fossil fuel.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- A woman of the BPL household may apply for a new LPG connection (in the prescribed format) to the nearest LPG distributor.
- While submitting the application form, the woman needs to submit detailed address, Jandhan Bank Account and Aadhar number of all members of the household.
- The connection will be issued by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to the eligible beneficiaries after processing the application.
- In case the consumer opts for EMI, the EMI amount will be adjusted against the subsidy amount due to the consumer on each refill.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
First of all the identification of eligible BPL families will be made on the basis of SECC-2011 data. However below are the basic eligibility criteria for the scheme
- The applicant’s name should be in the list of SECC-2011 data.
- Applicant should be women above the age of 18 years.
- Women applicant should belong to BPL (Below Poverty Line).
- The women applicant should have a saving bank account in any nationalized bank across the country.
- Applicant’s household should not already own a LPG connection in anyone’s name.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Application
- BPL Certificate Authorized by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman
- BPL Ration Card
- One Photo ID (Aadhar Card or Voter ID card)
- One Recent Passport Size Photograph
Download the Application form