PM Matru Vandana Yojana Details & Benefit, PMMVY Registration Process
The programme named as Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY), applicable from 01.01.2017, this Maternity Benefit Program would be implemented in all the districts of the country in accordance with the provision of the National Food Security Act, 2013.
Under PMMVY, a cash incentive of Rs 5000/- would be provided directly in the account of Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers (PW&LM) for first living child of the family subject to their fulfilling specific conditions relating to Maternal and Child Health.
The eligible beneficiaries would receive the remaining cash incentives as per approved norms towards maternity benefit under Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) after institutional delivery so that on an average, a woman will get Rs 6000/- .
Eligible Beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- All Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers, excluding PW&LM who are in regular employment with the Central Government or the State Governments or PSUs or those who are in receipt of similar benefits under any law for the time being in force.
- All eligible Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers who have their pregnancy on or after 01.01.2017 for first child in family.
- The date and stage of pregnancy for a beneficiary would be counted with respect to her LMP date as mentioned in the MCP card.
- A beneficiary is eligible to receive benefits under the scheme only once. In case of miscarriage/stillbirth, the beneficiary would be eligible to claim the remaining
instalment(s) in event of any future pregnancy.
- Thus, after receiving the 1st instalment, if the beneficiary has a miscarriage, she would only be eligible for receiving 2nd and 3rd instalment in event of future pregnancy subject to fulfilment of eligibility criterion and conditionalities of the scheme. Similarly, if the beneficiary has a miscarriage or stillbirth after receiving 1st and 2nd instalments, she would only be eligible for receiving 3rd instalment in event of future pregnancy subject to fulfilment of eligibility criterion and conditionalities of the scheme.
- In case of infant mortality, she will not be eligible for claiming benefits under the scheme, if she has already received all the instalments of the maternity benefit under PMMVY earlier.
- Pregnant and Lactating AWWs/ AWHs/ ASHA may also avail the benefits under the PMMVY subject to fulfilment of scheme conditionalities.
Benefits under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- Cash incentives in three instalments i.e. first instalment of Rs 1000/- on early registration of pregnancy at the Anganwadi Centre (AWC)/ approved Health facility as may be identified by the respective administering State/ UT, second instalment of Rs 2000/- after six months of pregnancy on receiving at least one antenatal check-up (ANC) and third instalment of Rs 2000/- after child birth is registered and the child has received the first cycle of BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis-B, or its equivalent/ substitute.
- The eligible beneficiaries would receive the incentive given under the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) for Institutional delivery and the incentive received under JSY would be accounted towards maternity benefits so that on an average a woman gets Rs 6000/-.
Registration Process for Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- The eligible women desirous of availing maternity benefits are required to register under the scheme at the Anganwadi Centre (AWC)/ approved Health facility depending upon the implementing department for that particular State/UT.
- For registration,the beneficiary shall submit the prescribed application Form, complete in all respects, along with the relevant documents and undertaking/consent duly signed by her and her husband, at the AWC/ approved Health facility. While submitting the form, the beneficiary will be required to submit her and her husband’s Aadhaar details with their written consents, her/husband/family member’s Mobile Number and her Bank/Post Office account details.
- The prescribed form(s) can be obtained from the AWC/ approved Health facility free of cost. The form(s) can also be downloaded from the website of Ministry of Women and Child Development.