Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Benefits, PMKVY Eligibility & Details
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) was launched on 20 March, 2015. The Scheme was subsequently launched on 15 July, 2015, on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day by the Prime Minister. PMKVY is implemented by National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC) under the guidance of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The objective of this PMKVY is to encourage and promote Skill Development for the youth throughout the country by aligning itself with the Common Norms guidelines. The scheme also needs to be aligned to complement all other Missions of the Government, such as Make in India, Digital India, Swachh Bharat, and Smart Cities. Specifically, the Scheme aims to:
- Enable and mobilize a large number of youth to take up industry designed quality skill training, become employable and earn their livelihood.
- Increase productivity of the existing workforce, and align skill training with the actual needs of the country.
- Encourage standardization of the Certification process and put in place the foundation for creating a registry of skills.
- Benefit 10 million youth over the period of four years (2016- 2020)
Key Components of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Short Term Training: Providing 60 Lakh youth with the opportunity to get trained, assessed and certified
- Recognition of Prior Learning : Aligning the competencies of 40 Lakh individuals from the unregulated workforce with the NSQF
- Special Projects: Enabling a platform that will facilitate trainings in special areas and premises of Government bodies and Corporate.
- Kaushal and Rozgar Mela: Organized every six months by Training Partners to ensure Scheme has reached and success far and wide
- Placement Assistance: Linking the aptitude aspiration, and knowledge of PMKVY candidates to potential employers
- Continuous Monitoring : Using technology driven methodologies to ensure high standards of quality are maintained of by the PMKVY Training Centres
Target Beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
In line with the objectives stated above, this Scheme is applicable to any candidate of Indian nationality who:
- Is an unemployed youth or, school/college dropout
- Possesses an Aadhar card and a bank account
- Has a verifiable alternate ID such as PAN or Voter ID (applicable only for the states of North-East region and J&K – Additional IDs may be added from time to time)
- Any other criteria, as defined by the SSCs for the respective job roles
- College students should not be allowed or enrolled under PMKVY as the Scheme focuses on school/college dropouts. Additionally, in case of corporate or factory premises, candidates cannot be their own employees or daily wagers.
Find a Training Centre of PMKVY
In order to become a training provider under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, a TP has to register on the SMART portal
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana’s Detailed Documentation | Call Centre No. 088000 – 55555