Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Benefits, PM-JAY Details & Benefits
The first Health and Wellness Centre was launched at Jangla, Bijapur, Chhatisgarh on 14 April 2018. The second component is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) which provides health protection cover to poor and vulnerable families. The Health and Wellness Centres will play a critical role in creating awareness about PM-JAY, screening for non-communicable diseases, follow-up of hospitalisation cases among others.
Under the ambit of Ayushman Bharat, a Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) to reduce the financial burden on poor and vulnerable groups arising out of catastrophic hospital episodes and ensure their access to quality health services was conceived. PM-JAY seeks to accelerate India’s progress towards achievement of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and Sustainable Development Goal – 3 (SDG3).
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) will provide financial protection (Swasthya Suraksha) to 10.74 crores poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational categories of urban workers’ families as per the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data (approx. 50 crore beneficiaries). It will offer a benefit cover of Rs. 500,000 per family per year (on a family floater basis).
PM-JAY will cover medical and hospitalization expenses for almost all secondary care and most of the tertiary care procedures. PM-JAY has defined 1,350 medical packages covering surgery, medical and daycare treatments including medicines, diagnostics and transport.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- The government provides health insurance cover of up to Rs. 5,00,000 per family per year.
- More than 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) covered across the country.
- All families listed in the SECC database as per defined criteria will be covered. No cap on family size and age of members.
- Priority to the girl child, women and senior citizens.
- Free treatment available at all public and empanelled private hospitals in times of need.
- Covers secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
- 1,350 medical packages covering surgery, medical and daycare treatments, cost of medicines and diagnostics.
- All pre-existing diseases covered. Hospitals cannot deny treatment.
- Cashless and paperless access to quality health care services.
- Hospitals will not be allowed to charge any additional money from beneficiaries for the treatment.
- Eligible beneficiaries can avail services across India, offering benefit of national portability. Can reach out for information, assistance, complaints and grievances to a 24X7 helpline number – 14555.
For more information please visit the official website of PM-JAY – www.abnhpm.gov.in or download the detailed documents from the link below.