Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Documents Required for Claim Assessment
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Documents Required for Claim Assessment to be submitted by the Insured are as follows:
- Duly completed claim form;
- Land records as per Government norms;
- Certificate from certifying agency nominated by Government or authorized by the Company.
- Copy of Certificate of Insurance.
- Other than Government subsidized scheme, two photographs of damaged or loss incurred area of Crop which shows the loss under the Policy.
- Sowing Certificate or other relevant document to this effect.
Appointment of Loss Assessors by the Insurance Company: The loss assessors would be appointed by the insurance company for assessment of losses due to the operations of Localized Risks (Yield Insurance). The loss assessors appointed by the insurance companies should be in accordance with the IRDAI provisions.
Time frame for loss assessment and submission of report
- Appointment of loss assessor within 48 hours from receipt of information
- Loss assessment to be completed within next 10 days
- Claim settlement/ payment to the farmers to be completed in next 15 days (subject to receipt of premium) from loss assessment report.
- If the affected area under a notified crop is more than 25% of the total insured area in a notified insurance unit, all the eligible farmers (who have taken insurance for the notified crop, which has been damaged, and informed about occurrence of calamity in the farm within the stipulated time) in the notified insurance unit would be deemed to have suffered post harvest loss and would be eligible for financial support. Percentage of loss would be arrived at by requisite percentage of sample survey (as decided the Joint Committee) of affected area by the insurance company.
- If the claim on area approach (based on CCEs) is more than the claims of the Post Harvest losses, the difference claims will be payable to affected farmers. If claim for Post Harvest is higher, no recovery will be applicable from affected farmers.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Application Form & Procedure
The Application Form has to be filled by District representative
Other Related Articles