PowerTex India Scheme Benefit, PowerTex India Scheme Details
PowerTex India Scheme: To address the felt needs of the Powerloom Sector, these schemes are now modified with additional components and new schemes are added. The new schemes include Solar Energy Scheme and Pradhan Mantri Credit Scheme for Powerloom Weavers. Additional components include creating Awareness and Publicity of the powerloom schemes, providing facilitation services and IT enabled online services. The existing schemes of Group Work shed Scheme, Common Facility Centre, Yarn Bank and In-situ Upgradation of Plain Powerlooms have been rationalized and upgraded.
A comprehensive scheme with all these features is now launched as the Comprehensive Scheme for Powerloom Sector Development and the same comes into effect on 1st April, 2017 and would be for duration up to 31st March, 2020.
Aim of PowerTex India Scheme
Aims to boost common infrastructure and modernization of the powerloom sector in the country
Components of PowerTex India Scheme
- In-situ Upgradation of Plain Powerlooms
- Group Work shed Scheme (GWS)
- Yarn Bank Scheme
- Common Facility Centre (CFC)
- Pradhan Mantri Credit Scheme for Powerloom Weavers
- Solar Energy Scheme for Powerlooms
- Facilitation, IT, Awareness, Market Development and Publicity for Powerloom Schemes
- Tex Venture Capital Fund
- Grant-in-Aid and Modernization & Upgradation of Powerloom Service Centres (PSCs)
- Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (ATUFS)
- Modified Comprehensive Powerloom Cluster Development Scheme (MCPCDS)
- Universal Insurance Coverage Scheme
- Integrated Skill Development Scheme (ISDS)
Looking into the various socio-economic problems faced by the powerloom weavers and the low technology levels in the sector, the Government has focused its attention for the development of powerloom sector through multi-pronged schemes and interventions. An Integrated Scheme for Powerloom Sector Development (ISPSD) was launched during 11th Five Year Plan.
A new Scheme of In-situ Upgradation of Plain Powerlooms in SSI sector was launched in the 12th Five Year Plan with a target of 1 Lakh plain powerlooms to be fitted with additional attachments for quality improvement.