About PMRDA Pune (Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority)
PMRDA Pune (Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority) was established in the year 2014. It is an urban planning agency. It was notified in the year 2015 and has a jurisdictional area of 6,616.79 km2 (2,554.76 sq mi) with a population of 1.01 crore, making it the largest urban unit in Maharashtra. The PMRDA will cover Maval and Pune city entirely and parts of Haveli, Bhor, Daund, Shirur, Mulshi and Khed talukas of Pune district.
The authority will comprise Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad municipal corporations and Talegaon Dabhade, Lonavla, Alandi municipal councils along with villages spread across the district. The PMRDA will plan infrastructure development considering the fact that Pune is slated to increase its limits. The proposal to merge 34 villages in PMC limits is pending with the state. Pune’s development contours will change with the merger and the city will need PMRDA’s help to develop infrastructure in merged villages.
Objectives of PMRDA Pune (Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, PMRDA Pune operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.
Contact Details & More Information for PMRDA (Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority)
Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority
Address: Survey Number 152-153, Maharaja Sayaji Gaikwad Udyog Bhawan, 411067, Aundh, Ward No. 8, Aundh Gaon, Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra-411007.
Phone No: 91-20-27166014