Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojana Documents Required & PMJJBY Application Form Procedure
- All individual account holders of participating banks in the age group of 18 to 50 years will be entitled to join.
- In case of multiple bank accounts held by an individual in one or different banks, the person would be eligible to join the scheme through one bank account only.
- In case an individual does not have any account, he/she can open the zero balance savings accounts under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojana
- Aadhar would be the primary KYC for the bank account.
- Recently taken passport size photograph.
- Members may also give one-time mandate for auto-debit every year till the scheme is in force.
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojana (PMJJBY) Enrollment period
For the cover period 1st June 2016 to 31st May 2017, subscribers are required to enroll and give their auto-debit consent by 31st May 2016. Those joining subsequently would be able to do so with payment of full annual premium for prospective cover.
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojana (PMJJBY) Enrollment Modality
The cover shall be for the one year period stretching from 1st June to 31st May for which option to join / pay by auto-debit from the designated individual bank account on the prescribed forms will be required to be given by 31st May of every year. Delayed enrolment with payment of full annual premium for prospective cover is possible.
For subscribers enrolling for the first time on or after 1st June 2016, insurance cover shall not be available for death (other than due to accident) occurring during the first 45 days from the date of enrolment into the scheme (lien period) and in case of death (other than due to accident) during lien period, no claim would be admissible.
Individuals who exit the scheme at any point may re-join the scheme in future years. The exclusion of insurance benefits during the lien period shall also apply to subscribers who exit the scheme during or after the first year, and rejoin on any date on or after 01st June 2016.
In future years, new entrants into the eligible category or currently eligible individuals who did not join earlier or discontinued their subscription shall be able to join while the scheme is continuing subject to the 45 days lien period described above.
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojana (PMJJBY) Application Form procedure is very simple
One should have to enter the basic information along with the individuals account information. Download the form here:
National Toll Free No. – 1800 180 1111, 1800 110 001
Other Related Articles