Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana Guidelines for Opening Jan Aushadhi Kendra
For Unemployed Pharmacists, Individual Entrepreneurs, Doctors, Registered Medical Practitioners
The branded (Generic) medicines are sold at significantly higher prices than their unbranded generic equivalents, though are identical in the therapeutic value. Given the widespread poverty across the country, making available reasonably priced quality generic medicines in the market would benefit everyone. With this objective, the Pharma Advisory Forum in its meeting held on 23rd April, 2008, decided to launch the Jan Aushadhi Campaign – starting with the sale of generic medicines through dedicated sales outlets called Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra in various districts of the country. It is proposed that at least one PMBJK will be opened in each of the 630 districts of the country to be extended to sub-divisional levels as well as major towns and village centers.
Eligibility Criteria to open Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra
Individual applicants other than doctors and registered medical practitioners should mandatorily be persons having B. Pharma and D. Pharma Degrees. Any organization applying for a PMBJK will have to employ B. Pharma / D. Pharma degree holders and produce proof of the same at the time of submitting applications. In govt hospital premises including medical colleges, the preferred agency would be reputed NGOs/Charitable organizations but individuals would also be eligible.
Requirements for applying for opening new Jan Aushadhi Kendra
- Own space or hired space (Minimum 120 sq feet) duly supported by proper lease agreement or space allotment letter. Applicant will arrange the space for running the Jan Aushadhi Generic Drug Store & BPPI will have no role for arranging space.
- Proof of securing a pharmacist with name, Registration with the State Council etc. (or it can be submitted at the time of final approval of JAS)
- If applicant is under the category of SC, ST and Differently-abled, then proof of SC, ST and Differently-abled certificate from respective authorities.
Terms & Conditions for operating Jan Aushadhi Kendra
- Applicant will enter into agreement before commencing operations of “Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra”. All operations of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra will be conducted as per agreement terms and conditions.
- It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to obtain drug license in the name of “Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra” and other permissions to run a drug store. Compliance to all statutory requirements for storage of drugs shall be ensured by the applicant.
- Applicant will use the premises solely for the purpose for which it has been allotted and for no other purpose and shall not part with the premises, sub-let the premises to anyone directly or indirectly.
- All billings should be done using software provided by BPPI. No medicine can be sold in PMBJK without using the software provided by BPPI.
- PMBJK operators will be allowed to sell allied medical products, commonly sold in chemist shops but they are not allowed to sell any medicines other than Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
- BPPI’s Distributor will take back Expiry/Breakage to the maximum extent or upto 2% of the total purchase value by PMBJK.
- Credit period of 30 days will have given from date of receipt of medicines by PMBJK but post dated cheque will be required to given by PMBJK in advance against goods supplied. Detailed terms and conditions are given in draft agreement attached and may be referred by applicant.