About Patiala Urban Planning and Development Authority (PDA Patiala)
The extensive development in Patiala, especially in the urban areas necessitated the setting up Patiala Urban Development Authority or PDA Patiala. The Patiala Urban Planning and Development Authority is an important institution related to development of land and housing infrastructure in the Patiala region. Real estate, land acquisition, approval of building colonies, development of land for promoters and ramping up new infrastructure are all taken care of by the Patiala Urban Planning & Development Authority. The Patiala Urban Planning and Development Authority has formed 3 important committees to help in the smooth and efficient functioning of the authority. The committee has been formed to ensure proper implementation and execution of projects. The Committees that have been formed are as below:
The executive committee primarily deals with decisions of Urban Estates, new townships and development of new projects. The selection of collaborators, whether public or private, go ahead and permissions for new housing projects etc are done by this committee.
Planning & Design Committee
This committee acts as a watch guard for the planning of areas and preparing plans for development of townships. Its responsibility is to ensure that the plans are in accordance with all the rules and regulations.
Budget and Accounts Scrutiny Committee
As suggested by the name, this committee is responsible for checks on budget and all the accounting functions of the PUDA. Annual statements of accounts are the responsibility of this committee. The determination of prices for lands and plots is worked upon by this committee and then further set forward for the approval of the Executive Committee.
Objectives of Patiala Urban Planning and Development Authority (PDA Patiala)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, PDA’s operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.