About NHADB Nagpur (Nagpur Housing & Area Development Board)
NHADB Nagpur (Nagpur Housing & Area Development Board) was established on 5th December 1977 as a regional unit of MHADA, came into existence with jurisdiction of work in Nine Districts of Vidarbha. On 13th August 1992, Amravati Housing and Area Development Board have been established and is separated out from Nagpur Board.
Activities of NHADB Nagpur (Nagpur Housing & Area Development Board)
Nagpur Housing Board implements mainly following activities which are given below:-
- Housing Schemes.
- National Housing Programme.
- Special Planning Authority, New Chandrapur.
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Re-development Mission (JNNURM) and Integrated Housing Slum Development Programme (IHSDP).
- Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Niwara Yojana.
Objectives of NHADB Nagpur (Nagpur Housing & Area Development Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, NHADB Nagpur operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.