About Nelamangala NPA (Nelamangala Planning Authority)
Nelamangala NPA (Nelamangala Planning Authority) is a nodal agency responsible for Nelamangala Region. Nelamangala is a town and taluk headquarters in the Bangalore Rural district of Karnataka state in India. Nelamangala lies near the junction of two National Highways, NH-48 (Bangalore – Mangalore) and NH-4 (Mumbai – Chennai) to north of Bangalore city. Nelamangala is located on NH-4, around 27 km away from Bangalore city towards Tumkur and Mumbai.
Objectives of Nelamangala NPA (Nelamangala Planning Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, Nelamangala NPA operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.