About Magadi MPA (Magadi Planning Authority)
Magadi MPA (Magadi Planning Authority) is a nodal agency responsible for Magadi Region. Magadi is a town in Ramanagara district in the Indian state of Karnataka. Magadi was the capital of Kempe Gowda who founded Bangalore in the 16th century. Magadi is fast becoming a part of the growing Bangalore district whose border is just 25 kilometers away. In modern literature, the forests around Magadi were the setting of the true story “Old Munnusamy and the man-eater of Magadi” by the India born British hunter Kenneth Anderson. Since then, the wildlife around Magadi has been greatly reduced by poaching and habitat loss.
Objectives of Magadi MPA (Magadi Planning Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, Magadi MPA operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.