Madhupur Master Plan 2040 has been created for Madhupur. Madhupur town is one of the main towns of the Deoghar district of Jharkhand. Madhupur is located at 24.25° North Latitude and 86.65° East Longitude. It has an average elevation of 228 meters (748 ft) above sea level. The town of Madhupur is flanked by two monsoon rivers, Pathra Nadi and Jayanti Nadi. As of 2001 India census, Madhupur had a population of 47349. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Madhupur Junction is connected by road and rail to metropolitan areas of India. Delhi-Kolkata Main Line via Mugalsarai-Patna route. Giridih district headquarters is connected to the Indian Railway network through the Madhupur-Giridih Local train on the Madhupur Giridih Rail Line. It is well connected by road from Giridih and Deoghar.
Vision of Madhupur Master Plan 2040
The vision statement for the development of any place/region becomes very much important since it helps in visualization of where and how one wants the city to be in the coming years. It should be carefully carved out and should encompass the aspirations of its local people and various other stakeholders involved directly or indirectly in the development process. The Madhupur Master Plan 2040 for the Madhupur Area has evolved from a comprehensive understanding of the existing situation, land utilization pattern, land suitability& potential analysis, and population projections carried out for the area. The process so far has involved an exploration of several alternatives, for each of which, certain principles, laid down with a view to achieving the vision for the project area, have been primary guiding factors.
Objective of Madhupur Master Plan 2040
The vision perceived is further enumerated in the following specific development objectives:
- To develop Madhupur area as an ‘Agro and Dairy based Industrial Hub’ supporting the surrounding areas of the district.
- To strengthen the economic base and generate adequate employment opportunities through proper utilization of available resources and the connectivity provided by being the railway town.
- To conserve existing environmentally sensitive areas and other natural Features.
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure and social facilities so as to enhance the quality of life of the local people.
- To create effective implementation strategies that promotes equitable & inclusive development.