About Lucknow Development Authority (LDA Lucknow)
LDA Lucknow (Lucknow Development Authority) was established in 1974 under the Uttar Pradesh Urban Planning & Development Act 1973, LDA has progressed from small beginnings to embrace an overreaching authority in the development scenario of Lucknow.
In consonance with the aspirations of modern India, LDA aims at coordinated and planned development of a historical city: to enable Lucknow to achieve pride of place as the worthy capital of the largest State of the country which has played a very important role in the Freedom Struggle, to extend urban infrastructure to absorb the pressures of a rapidly changing society, and to provide an environment which would enable the utmost satisfaction level of all sections of its inhabitants.
- To fulfill its role, the Authority seeks to coordinate in accordance with a comprehensive Master Plan along with the work of various other agencies involved in the creation and extension of urban infrastructure.
Objectives of Lucknow Development Authority (LDA Lucknow)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, LDA Lucknow operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.