About KUDA Kakatiya (Kakatiya Urban Development Authority)
KUDA Kakatiya (Kakatiya Urban Development Authority) was established in the year 1982. The Government have declared Development Area under Section 3 of Telangana (Development) Act, 1975 for Kakatiya development area which is in vicinity of area comprising the jurisdiction of Warangal Corporation as an Urban Area consisting of 181 villages with a view to expedite formation of policies and implementation of the programmes in Urban Development Area. Kakatiya Urban Development Authority spreads over to an area of 1805.00 Square Kilometers with a population of 13.00 lakhs as per 2011 Census.
Objectives of KUDA Kakatiya (Kakatiya Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, KUDA Kakatiya operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.