Jhansi Master Plan 2021 has been created for Jhansi District. Jhansi is a prominent city of Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh state. Jhansi grew in popularity during the reign of the Marathas because of the heroics of its valiant queen, Rani Lakshmi Bai. Jhansi is a major road and rail junction, and is the administrative seat of Jhansi District and Jhansi Division. The original walled city grew up around its stone fort, which crowns a neighboring rock. Jhansi city is situated between the rivers Pahunj and Betwa between North longitudes 24°11´ and 25°57´and East latitudes 78°10´and 79°25´. It has an average elevation of 284 metres (935 feet). The city has an irregular boundary, northern being contiguous with that of district of Jalaun. In addition, the city is well connected to all other major towns in Uttar Pradesh by road and railway networks. It is about 415 km from Delhi and 292 km from Lucknow, and the gateway to Bundelkhand. Three national highways NH-3, NH-25 and NH-76 pass through the city.
Vision Jhansi Master Plan 2021
Jhansi shall be environmentally safe and totally sanitized & livable city so as to ensure good public health standards, human dignity, and privacy for all citizens.
Goals for Jhansi Master Plan 2021
The goals for Jhansi Master Plan 2021 are as Follows:
- The entire population of the city shall have access to toilets in the form of either individual toilets, shared toilets or community toilets, with adequate water supply by 2017.
- All major public places shall have adequate number of public toilets in fully serviceable condition by the year 2017.
- The quality of drinking water shall be improved and the entire population shall have access to quality drinking water by the year 2017.
- All the households shall be connected to the sewerage network, centralized or decentralized by the year 2020.
- All the waste water generated in the city shall be collected and conveyed through an appropriate sewer network to treatment plants, treated to acceptable quality levels and disposed, recycled or reused by the year 2020.
- All households as well as non-residential users shall have access either to a door-to-door collection of garbage or to a secondary collection facility within easy accessible distance by the year 2013.
- All the solid waste generated in the city shall be segregated, collected, transported and either processed for reuse or disposed of in a sanitary landfill by the year 2013.
- The entire sanitation system as visualized above is socially, environmentally and economically sustainable and effectively managed by a capable team in the municipality, maintaining adequate standards of safety for the workers.