About JDA Jalpaipuri (Jalpaiguri Development Authority)
JDA Jalpaiguri (Jalpaiguri Development Authority) was established in the year 1980 and has been responsible of Planning & Development of Jalpaiguri Area. It came in existence under the West Bengal Town and Country (Planning & Development) Act 1979 (West Bengal Act – XIII of 1979). It was founded on the 1st day of April 1980.
The main objective was Planning & Development. Jalpaiguri Planning area as declared by Govt. of West Bengal vide notification no – 1877 – T & CP/1R – 6/1980 dated. 17.3.1980. JDA is the nodal agency for planning and development of the Jalpaiguri Planning Area (JPA) and works by coordinating all departments and agencies. Main role includes creating infrastructure and real estate development in the region and providing facilities to investors. JDA’s has prepared “Perspective Plan 2025” is a visionary road map for the planned development of the JPA.
Objectives of JDA Jalpaiguri (Jalpaiguri Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, JDA Jalpaiguri operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.