About IDAP Punjab (Infrastructure Development Authority of Punjab)
IDAP Punjab (Infrastructure Development Authority of Punjab) is an autonomous body established under “Infrastructure Development Authority of the Punjab, ACT 2016” for planning, designing, construction and maintenance of infrastructure in Punjab in line with the best international practices to cope with the futuristic development needs. IDAP is a specialized organization free of encumbrances prevalent in public sector departments. The purpose of IDAP is to get the mega infrastructure projects executed efficiently, aesthetically, and transparently without compromising quality or entailing delays, in-house complete project management services including feasibility, design, contract management, execution, supervision, third party evaluation, and delivery to the client department.
IDAP offers a variety of services to the departments in buildings (multi-purpose for client departments), highways (roads, bridges, flyovers, etc.), public transport (mass transit solutions), water resources (irrigation infrastructure), public health (water supply, sewerage, water treatment plants, and solid waste), housing (multipurpose housing, low-income housing) and energy (thermal, hydel, solar, biomass, wind etc).
Vision of IDAP Punjab (Infrastructure Development Authority of Punjab)
“To be one of the leading infrastructure designs & build organizations in the world”.
Mission of IDAP Punjab (Infrastructure Development Authority of Punjab)
“To transform Punjab Government’s vision into reality by delivering state-of-the-art projects that fulfils public needs and improves quality of life”.
Objectives of IDAP Punjab (Infrastructure Development Authority of Punjab)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, IDAP Punjab operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.