About HPDA Hapur Pilkhuwa (Hapur Pilkhuwa Development Authority)
HPDA Hapur Pilkhuwa Development Authority was established as a second and an independent authority from GDA by U.P. Administration during 1996-97. After keeping in view the geographical, historical and commercial industrial importance and in view of the planned development of NCR. Past many decades Delhi steady population and floating population have undergone an unprecedented increase. Hapur-Pilkhuwa Development Authority inception came in existence by U.P. Government under Notice No. 4517/9 residence – 5-96-997 DA/ 89 on 21 November 1996. including Hapur and Pilkhuwa Urban Region in HPDA.
It is worth mentioning here that from historical point of view, Hapur is an ancient town which has been popular for its agricultural stocks. Similarly, Pilkhuwa is also a historic city and is popular for its cloth industry. After upgradation to 4 lane system of National Highway No. 24 which connects Delhi to Hapur the aforementioned Highway is being upgraded from Hapur to Moradabad and its is proposed to upgrade this highway upto Lucknow. Along with roadways, Hapur is also connected in all 4 directions through railways, e.g. along with Delhi Moradabad railway line, Hapur is also connected by rail with Meerut and Aligarh. In the light of this fact, there is a strong possibility of Hapur developing into potential growth centre in the NCR region.
Vision of HPDA Hapur Pilkhuwa (Hapur Pilkhuwa Development Authority)
- To prevent unplanned & uncontrollable growth in city and its adjoining areas and to provide assistance for well planned growth.
- To accumulate targeted population density in city areas.
- To stop unprecedented growth in population in National Capital Delhi and to provide them settlements and thirdly to create job prospects and to attract commerce in city areas.
- For balanced growth of the city and providing useful community facilities.
- To propose a well planned usage of city area.
- To prevent the misuse of fertile agricultural land for any other reason.
In order to achieve its objectives, HPDA Hapur Pilkhuwa operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.