Haryana Housing Scheme for Scheduled Castes and Denotified Tribes Details, Eligibility Criteria & Application Form
Housing Scheme for Scheduled Castes and Denotified Tribes, Dr B.R Ambedkar is implemented by the Haryana Government in order to solve the housing problem of Scheduled Castes and Denotified Tribes/ Tapriwas Jatis. From the year 2006, amount has been enhanced from Rs 10,000 to Rs. 50,000 and a provision of Rs. 10,000 is also made for repair of the house.
There has been a remarkable growth in this scheme as expenditure increase from 70.50 Lakh to 1800.00 Lakh and beneficiaries from 705 to 7868 in the year 2009-10. Rs. 30.36 Cr. has been spent on 7,868 houseless persons in the year 2009-10 to construct or repair their dwelling.
Eligibility Criteria for Housing Scheme for Scheduled Castes and Denotified Tribes
The following conditions of eligibility shall be observed:-
- The applicant should been person amongst Scheduled Castes.
- He should own a plot or a house site having on area of at least 90/100 square yards.
- The persons having a kachha house (100 sc. yards) not worth to live in will also be entitled for this grant.
- Applicant should not already have any house of his own.
- Persons who have already received similar benefit for the construction of a house under another scheme will not be eligible.
- Class IV Govt. employees would be covered under this Scheme.
Benefits of Housing Scheme for Scheduled Castes and Denotified Tribes
- Under the scheme a subsidy of Rs. 2,000/- is given to the approved beneficiary for the construction of a house.
- The amount shall be drawn by the District Welfare Officer in the State in shape of RTR/Cash from the Treasury in favour of approved beneficiary according to the prescribed instructions in one installment.
- The grantee shall be required to execute an agreement to the effect that in the event of his failure to utilize the amount for the purpose for which it is granted, the Govt. shall have the right to recover the amount as arrear of land revenue.
- The beneficiary shall construct the house within six months from the date of receipt of the subsidy. He shall produce completion certificate duly certified by the District Welfare Officer within a period of three months after Completion of the house.
- Any further extension, if required, will have to be obtained from Govt. by giving full details.
Application for Housing Scheme for Scheduled Castes and Denotified Tribes
- Persons willing to apply can have application form from the office of DWO/TWO in the month of April and September.
- After filling application all necessary document such as BPL list, ration card, proof of land ect. be submitted to DWO/TWO office.