About HDUDA Hubli Dharwad (Hubli Dharwad Urban Development Authority)
HDUDA Hubli Dharwad (Hubli Dharwad Urban Development Authority) came into effect from 22-12-1987 by the Government notification under KUDA act – 1987. This authority combined in itself the planning functions of the erstwhile Planning authority and the developmental functions of the erstwhile CITB. Since inception HDUDA has allotted around sites to the individuals for construction of residential dwellings. In addition around 280 civic amenity sites have been allotted for use to various public organizations and offices, catering to the felt needs of the locality.
Planning & Development Functions of HDUDA Hubli Dharwad (Hubli Dharwad Urban Development Authority)
The Hubli Dharwad Urban Development Authority is designated as the Planning Authority under the Karnataka Town and Country Planning Act, 1961. The planning functions in brief involve the following:
- Preparation of development plan for Hubli Dharwad Twin city
- Preparation of Scheme Plans.
- Approval of Development Plans for Group Housing and Layouts.
- Approval of building plans.
- Other statutory functions under KTCP Act.
In addition to the planning functions, the UDA Act envisages the following development functions:
- Planning and implementation of schemes to provide for Residential sites, Commercial sites, Industrial sites, Civic Amenity sites, Parks and playgrounds.
- Construction of Commercial complexes.
- Construction of houses for Economically Weaker Sections, Low Income Group, Middle Income Group, High Income Group.
- Development of major infrastructure facilities.
Vision of HDUDA Hubli Dharwad (Hubli Dharwad Urban Development Authority)
“Plan, regulate, promote, monitor and facilitate urban development in Hubli – Dharwad Local planning area to ensure sustainable and orderly growth”.
Mission of HDUDA Hubli Dharwad (Hubli Dharwad Urban Development Authority)
“To transform Hubli – Dharwad Urban area with high quality infrastructure, by visionary planning approach for better quality of life by ensuring sustainable and planned development by facilitating participatory and innovative approach through effective monitoring and regulation”.
Objectives of HDUDA Hubli Dharwad (Hubli Dharwad Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, HDUDA Hubli Dharwad operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.