About HDA Haldia (Haldia Development Authority)
HDA Haldia (Haldia Development Authority) is a statutory authority constituted under The West Bengal Town and Country (Planning and Development) Act 1979.The Authority is guided by the Board of Haldia Development Authority. The board has been constituted by the Notification of the State Government. The Haldia Development Authority discharges its function through the Chief Executive Officer. HDA implements the decision of Board in accordance with the established government rules and procedures and manages the finance as per the financial norms of the Government. At present, there are almost 74 personnel discharging various responsibilities and activities in the field of Planning, Land Acquisition & Allotment, Engineering and Projects, Finance, Estate, Establishment, Social Welfare, Public Relations and Information.
Responsibilities of HDA Haldia (Haldia Development Authority)
- To plan and provide Infrastructural Support to industrial investments and associated Urban and Social Infrastructure.
- Planning and preparing Existing Land Use Map and Register (ELUMR) Land Use Development and Control Plan ( LUDCP), Out Line Development Plan (ODP).
- Acquisition and development of Land.
- Creating Infrastructures like Water Supply Network (domestic, industrial, commercial), Roads, Electrical Network, Drains, Disposal of solid waste and social infrastructures like housings, townships, parks and centres of recreation etc.
- To create investor friendly environment.
- Maintaining proper coordination among the different authorities and industries.
- Overall development in the Haldia planning area.
Objectives of HDA Haldia (Haldia Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, HDA Haldia operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.
Contact Details & More Information for HDA Haldia (Haldia Development Authority)
Haldia Development Authority
Address: Haldia Unnayan Bhawan, City Centre, Haldia, Dist: Purba Medinipur, West Bengal -721657.
Phone No: 03224- 255923 ,03224-255926 ,03224-255928 ,03224-255929 / 255930.
Fax No: 03224 -255924, 03224- 255927.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org