Hajipur Master Plan has been created for Hajipur. Hajipur, the administrative headquarters of Vaishali District, comes under the Patna Administration Division. The city became the Municipality in the year 2002. From 1869 to 2002 the city had Nagar Panchayat as the administrative unit. It is the largest city in the district had a population of 119,412 as per the 2001 census. Municipal area of Hajipur is about 19.64 sq. km. It is well connected with other parts of the country by road.
Vision of Hajipur Master Plan
Based on the state assessment of the city and stakeholder consultations, focused group discussions undertaken, the vision of Hajipur Master Plan has been derived. Inspite of being an important trade center in the past, the quality of living has stagnated over the last few decades with low level of industrialization, high level of pollution and lack of social infrastructure.
Hence, for a sustained growth of its economic base and for the city to be attractive and improved quality of life, there is a need to position the city in a manner to sustain this level of growth and strengthen response mechanism of agencies to address growth demands. In these lines the following vision for the Hajipur Master Plan has been derived.
“To establish a vibrant economy by developing industry and support infrastructure along with responsive & accountable management of resources.”
The identified vision forms the basis of sector-specific strategies adopted in framing the action plan.
Growth Strategies of Hajipur Master Plan
- Assure adequate and equitable water supply daily and for reasonable length of time.
- Provide citywide coverage of sewerage and sanitation system to make it environmentally safe.
- Establish an effective rain water collection system thereby reducing mixing of rain and sullage water and reducing the incidence of water logging during monsoons.
- Establish and maintain an effective and sustainable waste management practice in the city.
- Improve the condition of roads and provide adequate, safe and user friendly public transportation in Hajipur.
- Service provision and universal access to all basic urban services at an affordable cost.