About Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority (GLADA Greater Ludhiana)
For speedy and better development of Ludhiana city, Punjab Government constituted GLADA Greater Ludhiana authority vide below notification: 13/192/2006- HG2/12706 dated Chandigarh, whereas the Government of Punjab is of the opinion that the object of proper development and redevelopment of the area failing within the revenue district of Ludhiana and the Phillaur tehsil of district Jalandhar will be served while entrusting the work of development and re-development there of a Special Authority.
Therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 29(I) the Punjab Regional and Town Planning & Development Act, 1995 (Punjab Act No.11 of 1995), the Governor of Punjab is pleased to constitute establish the Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority for area failing in city of Ludhiana and other area falling within the revenue district of Ludhiana and Phillaur district of Jalandhar as defined in the annexed Drawings No. (L) 23/06 dated 18.12.06.
Chef Administrator, Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority shall be appointed by the Government. The Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana will function as Chief Administrator of the Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority (GLADA Greater Ludhiana) till an officer is appointed as such by the Government.
The headquarters of the Authority shall be at Ludhiana. The office of the ACA, PUDA Ludhiana will house the office of Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority (GLADA Greater Ludhiana) and will be expanded as per its requirements.
All the powers and functions of the Punjab Urban Planning & Development Authority relating to the development and re-development of Ludhiana and adjoining areas forming part of Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority shall be exercised by the Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority (GLADA Greater Ludhiana) as constituted.
The Principal Secretary Housing and Urban Development will be the Vice Chairman of Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority (GLADA Greater Ludhiana).
Objectives of Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority (GLADA Greater Ludhiana)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, GLADA Greater Ludhiana operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.