About Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA)
Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA Ghaziabad) is created under Section-4 of Urban Planning and Development Act, 1973 by Government Order no. 738(1)-37-2-47-DA76, Lucknow dated 9th March 1977. The primary objectives of the Authority are:
- Preparation of Master Plan for Planned Urban Development.
- Development & Control as per Master Plan.
- Acquisition of Land and Management for Housing and Urban Development.
- Construction Housing and Development.
- Provision of Physical and Social Infrastructure.
Since its creation, the Authority has come a long way in providing services and developing the infrastructure and development schemes. Recently, the authority has set targets for developing area under its jurisdiction with world class infrastructure as Smart city, Hi-tech city, Green City, Inclusive city, and total transparency. The Authority is all set to act as facilitator for the investors from across the world to establish business, industries, educational centers, residential development.
Objectives of Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA Ghaziabad)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, GDA Ghaziabad operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.