Firozpur Master Plan 2031 has been created for Firozpur District. Firozpur district is one of the twenty-two districts in the state of Punjab located in the North-West of the Republic of India. Firozpur district comprises an area of 5,305 km2. Prior to split of Firozpur district with the addition of Fazilka district, it comprised an area of 11,142 km2. Firozpur is the capital city of the district. It is situated inside ten gates—Amritsari Gate, Wansi Gate, Makhu Gate, Zira Gate, Bagdadi Gate, Mori Gate, Delhi Gate, Magjani Gate, Multani Gate and Kasuri Gate. The latitude of Firozpur is 30.923433, and the longitude is 74.610214. It is located between the 30° 55′ 24.3588” N and 74° 36′ 36.7704” E.
Vision Firozpur Master Plan 2031
Firozpur to be developed as the heritage and knowledge hub of the state providing for joy of tourism, state of art development, assured employment and quality living to all its existing and future residents, irrespective of the caste, creed, gender, economic and social status including poorest of poor.
The objective of the Firozpur Master Plan 2031 is to create enabling spatial and land use planning framework to achieve the Vision of Firozpur LPA. More specifically following are the objectives of Firozpur Master Plan 2031:
- To make Firozpur district as the most vibrant economic centre to promote the balanced regional growth.
- To make land allocation in an environmentally benign fashion.
- To minimize haphazard, unplanned, and sub-standard growth and development of the town and to achieve planned growth to create healthy environment.
- To effectively manage the traffic and transportation within the town through the mechanism of rationalizing the land use pattern defined in the Master Plan.
- To make land available for public purposes.
- To minimize travel within the town by creating self contained and self sufficient communities.
- Adequate parking spaces to be created in the town as an integral part of commercial, industrial, and institutional planning and development process.
- To strengthen the basic infrastructure favorable for petroleum, chemical & petrochemical investment region and agro based industries.
- To rationalize the distribution of physical and social infrastructure in order to ensure appropriate quality of life to all the residents of the city.
- To identify man-made and natural heritage and to make heritage conservation as integral part of the city planning and development process.
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources environmental, economic and social.
- Ensure a conducive environment to work.
- Introduce a total business environment.