About Dindigul LPA (Dindigul Local Planning Authority)
Dindigul LPA (Dindigul Local Planning Authority) notified the Dindigul Local Planning Area under section 10(i) of the Town and Country Planning Act in G.O.Ms.No.996 RD&LA Dept. dated 20.9.73 and confirmed under section 10(4) of the town and Country Planning Act in G.O.Ms.No.1864 RD&LA Dept. dated 17th August 1974. The extent of Local Planning is 195.62 square.km.
In order to carry out the planning and development function in Dindigul Local Planning Area, the government of Tamil Nadu constituted the local Planning Authority under section 11(i) of the town and country Planning Act in G.O.Ms.No.1138 RD&LA Dept. dated 7th June 1976 with the chairman of the Dindigul Municipal Council as the chairman of the local planning Authority and the town planning officer of the Dindigul Municipality as the member Secretary of the Authority.
Objectives of Dindigul LPA (Dindigul Local Planning Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, Dindigul LPA operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.