Danapur Master Plan 2030 has been created for Danapur. Danapur has registered a high population growth in the recent past especially in the 1991-2001 decade. In 1991 the population was 84,616 this increased to 131,176 in 2001; projected population for 2030 is 348,185.
Danapur is a satellite town of Patna and is located at a distance of 25 km from Patna. Danapur town is spread over 11.63 sq km and is divided into 40 wards. The Danapur Nagar Parishad was established in 1889. The town is located on the banks of the River Sone that merges with the River Ganga at Digha, beyond the town. Danapur has a railway station and is located on the Mughalsarai-Howrah main rail line. The NH 30 links the town to other cities like Varanasi. The nearest airport is Patna. Danapur is also the Head Quarters of the Bihar Regiment of the Indian Army and has a Cantonment Board administering the area.
The competitive advantage of Danapur lies in its proximity to Patna. Additionally the town has good rail and road connectivity. Systematic planning and improvement of connectivity with Patna will enhance its position as a satellite town to the state capital.
Vision of Danapur Master Plan 2030
The vision for Danapur was derived on the basis of the status assessment of the city, stakeholder consultations and focused group discussions. Participatory consultations during the visioning process concluded that there is need to revive growth and improve the overall quality of life of its citizens. The identified Vision is as follows:
“To develop Danapur as a financially self-sufficient industrial and recreational town that can provide employment opportunities, good infrastructure, a hygienic living environment and good governance to all its citizens”
The identified vision forms the basis of sector-specific strategies adopted in framing the action plan.
Growth Strategies of Danapur Master Plan 2030
- To assure adequate and equitable water supply daily and for reasonable length of time.
- To provide citywide coverage of sewerage and sanitation system to make it environmentally safe.
- To establish an effective rain water collection system thereby reducing mixing of rain and sullage water and reducing the incidence of water logging during monsoons.
- To establish and maintain an effective and sustainable waste management practice in the city.
- To improve the condition of roads and provide adequate, safe and user friendly public transportation in Danapur.
- Service provision and universal access to all basic urban services at an affordable cost.