About CIDCO Maharashtra (City Industrial Development Corporation)
CIDCO Maharashtra (City Industrial Development Corporation) is a India’s premier city planning and richest Government Authority formed and controlled by the Government of Maharashtra. It was incorporated on 17th March 1970, with the specific aim of Mumbai city and at the same time creating a new planned, self sufficient and sustainable city on the mainland across Thane creek adjoining Mumbai. What began as a mission to Mumbai ended up in the creation of one of the largest planned city known today and elevated CIDCO into the position of India’s premier town planning agency.
With a wide spectrum of activities, CIDCO is a multi faceted and multi disciplinary organization having 1,750 employees, which includes planners, architects, engineers and other professionals. Since its inception, CIDCO has diversified its working spectrum to accommodate new activities, even though its primary attention is still concentrated in overlooking the constant development of Navi Mumbai. The multidimensional activities undertaken today by CIDCO can be classified under these three broad concepts:
• Planning and Development of New Towns.
• Project Management and Designing.
Objectives of CIDCO Maharashtra (City Industrial Development Corporation)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, CIDCO Maharashtra operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.