About CGHB Padmanabhpur (Chhattisgarh Housing Board)
CGHB Padmanabhpur (Chhattisgarh Housing Board) was constituted in February 2004 under the Chhattisgarh Housing Board Act 1972. But providing housing facility to the people of economically weaker section (EWS) and lower income group (LIG) on subsidized rates has remained the priority of CGHB. Making dedicated efforts in the direction, CGHB has made a mark in providing housing facility with necessary infrastructure to the homeless/needy citizens of state at an affordable price. The aim of Chhattisgarh Housing Board (CGHB) is to ensure dwellings with necessary support infrastructure for all its citizens.
Objectives of CGHB Padmanabhpur (Chhattisgarh Housing Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, CGHB Padmanabhpur operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.