About BUDA Bellary (Bellary Urban Development Authority)
BUDA Bellary (Bellary Urban Development Authority) is a nodal agency responsible for Bellary Region. Bellary now officially known as Ballari is a historic city in Ballari district in the Indian state of Karnataka It is 306 kilometers from the state capital of Bangalore. Ballari district takes its name from the word Balari which refers to goddess Durugamma as this goddess had manifested herself in the town. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India approved a proposal to rename the city in October 2014 and Bellary was renamed to “Ballari” on 1 November 2014.
Objectives of BUDA Bellary (Bellary Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, BUDA Bellary operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.