About BSHB Bihar (Bihar State Housing Board)
BSHB Bihar (Bihar State Housing Board) is constituted by the Government of Bihar under the Bihar State Housing Board act, 1982 and is mandated with the development of various housing schemes & related infrastructural facilities in the state. The objective of the board is to ensure provision of quality housing accommodation at affordable prices for all sections of the society. Towards releasing our meditated objectives we work on “No Profit No Loss” basis. A mechanism of cross subsidy across targeted schemes for different economic groups of the society has been formulated i.e charging a higher rate of interest from HIG/MIG to counter subsidy component provided to weaker section schemes. We go for outright market loans by which we acquire, develop, construct and sell properties to targeted groups. The allotment process is governed by Bihar State Housing Board (Residential Properties Management and Disposal) Act, 1983.
Objectives of BSHB Bihar (Bihar State Housing Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, BSHB Bihar operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.