About Anekal APA (Anekal Planning Authority)
Anekal APA (Anekal Planning Authority) is a nodal agency responsible for Anekal Region. Anekal is a major town and taluk of Bangalore Urban district. It is situated approximately 32 kilometers from Bangalore Centre and around 15 kilometers from Hosur and Electronics City. Express lines run from Silk Board to Anekal passing through the National Highway and SH Broadway thus providing excellent connectivity. It lies in the southern part of the Bangalore metropolitan area. It is a growing hub for residence seekers in Bangalore and is perfectly positioned with great infrastructure and facilities. Multiple Industrial areas like Attibele, Sarjapura and Jigani lie in Anekal Taluk and contribute to major economic turnovers.
Objectives of Anekal APA (Anekal Planning Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, Anekal APA operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.