Amethi Master Plan 2001 has been created for Amethi Town. Amethi is a town in Amethi district in Faizabad division, of Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Gauriganj is the administrative headquarter of Amethi district. Amethi town is thirteen kilometers away from the district headquarter. Amethi is a major town of the Amethi district and also a municipal board. Amethi is connected to the major cities in Uttar Pradesh and North-Eastern India via Indian Railways and roads. Amethi railway station has direct trains connecting with major cities like Jammu, Amritsar, Delhi, Lucknow, Kanpur, Dehradun, Haridwar, Jaipur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Kolkata, Puri, Bhopal, Mumbai and Bangalore. The latitude of Amethi is 27.398575, and the longitude is 79.622757. It is located between the 27° 23′ 54.8700” N and 79° 37′ 21.9252” E.
Vision Amethi Master Plan 2001
The objective of the Amethi Master Plan 2001 is to create enabling spatial and land use planning framework to achieve the Vision of Amethi.
The future growth and development of the urban centers is defined by the Master Plan/Development Plans which are evolved for each settlement at individual level. Amethi Master Plan 2001 has been considered as one of the most effective mechanism to promote planned growth of the urban centers. It lays down the road map, agenda and framework within which the city growth is envisioned. It provides a tool for the authorities to take decision with regard to current and future development related issues.
Amethi Master Plan 2001 provides the framework for rationalizing the orderly movement of traffic and transportation within the city and defines the area for laying down network of various services. The plan is used for promoting integrated development of the urban centre by rationalizing its pattern of land use and their inter-relationship. It also defines the strategies and solutions for overcoming the existing problems of the urban centers and to overcome its infrastructural and service related inadequacies. In addition, it provides options for accommodating the future addition to population which is likely to come to the urban centre due to natural growth and migration. Master Plan acts as a tool for determining the infrastructure cost which would be required to make the city sustainable. The plans offer futuristic solutions by laying down agenda for its growth and development.
Objectives of Amethi Master Plan 2001
More specifically following are the objectives:
- To make Amethi town as the most vibrant economic centre to promote the balanced regional growth.
- To make land allocation in an environmentally benign fashion.
- To minimize haphazard, unplanned, and sub-standard growth and development of the town and to achieve planned growth to create healthy environment.
- To effectively manage the traffic and transportation within the town through the mechanism of rationalizing the land use pattern defined in the Master Plan.
- To make land available for public purposes.
- To minimize travel within the town by creating self contained and self sufficient communities.
- Adequate parking spaces to be created in the town as an integral part of commercial, industrial, and institutional planning and development process.
- To strengthen the basic infrastructure favorable for petroleum, chemical & petrochemical investment region and agro based industries.
- To rationalize the distribution of physical and social infrastructure in order to ensure appropriate quality of life to all the residents of the city.
- To identify man-made and natural heritage and to make heritage conservation as integral part of the city planning and development process.
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources environmental, economic and social.
- Ensure a conducive environment to work.
- Introduce a total business environment.