About AIIDC Assam (Assam Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation)
AIIDC Assam (Assam Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation) was established in the year of 1997 under the provision of Assam Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation Act 1990. Assam Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation is established for the purpose of securing and assisting in the rapid and orderly establishment and organization of industries in industrial areas, industrial estates, growth centres, and IID centres and in establishment of commercial estate for growth of industries in the state of Assam.
Objectives of AIIDC Assam (Assam Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, AIIDC Assam operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.