About ADA Aizawl (Aizawl Development Authority)
ADA Aizawl (Aizawl Development Authority) was established in the year 2005.
Establishment of ADA Aizawl (Aizawl Development Authority)
- As soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, the Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute for the purposes of this Act an authority to be called the Aizawl Development Authority.
- The Authority shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable and to contract and shall by the said name sue and be such.
Constitution of ADA Aizawl (Aizawl Development Authority)
The Authority shall consist of the following members, namely:-
- A chairman who shall be the Chief Minister, ex-officio;
- A vice-chairman to be appointed by the Government;
- A town planner member to be appointed by the Government;
- An engineer member to be appointed by the Government;
- Chief Secretary of the Government;
- Commissioner/Secretary, Local Administration Department;
- Commissioner/Secretary, Finance Department;
- Dy. Commissioner, Aizawl;
- Engineer-in-Chief Public Works Department of the Government;
- Chief Engineer, Public Health Engineering Department of the Government;
- Chief Engineer, Power & Electricity Department of the Government;
- Director, Local Administration Department;
- Director, Land Revenue & Settlement;
- Director, Transport Department;
- Chief Town & Country Planner of the Government;
- Head of the Geology & Mining;
- Three Members of the Mizoram Legislative Assembly from Aizawl city to be nominated by the State Government with the prior approval of the Speaker of the Mizoram Legislative Assembly;
- Three prominent persons, preferably experts in the relevant field, to be nominated by the Government, and
- One person to be nominated by the Government to represent the non-governmental organizations.
Objectives of ADA Aizawl (Aizawl Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, ADA Aizawl operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.